With the increasing number of research that has been taking place to understand the potential benefits associated with CBD (ccannabidiol), more and more brands are introducing new CBD products to the market. In fact, due to its popularity and higher demand, you will find various kinds of CBD product, from CBD gummies, oils, topicals, and tinctures to choose from. According to Statista, the total sales of CBD products stood at 4.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. The experts are predicting it to grow to 16 billion dollars in value. This guide highlights the key factors that you require to consider while investing in CBD products.
What kind of CBD product is ideal for you?
- The primary step in determining which CBD product is right for you is determining how much you would like to consume it. Following are different delivery methods available:
- CBD oils that you can smoke, vape, or place under your tongue
- Edibles including capsules and gummies
- Topical creams, ointments, and balms
- CBD buds that can be mixed with recipes
- The delivery method tends to play an important role. So, try to choose the ideal one carefully per your preference while focusing on what conditions or symptoms you are trying to treat.
- Smoking and Vaping: It is considered as the fastest delivery method as smoking, and vaping offers its effects within a few minutes; perhaps its products can continue for up to 6 hours. According to the experts, tobacco and vaping CBD buds can help you offer calming effects and Euphoric effects. Remember to choose the brand that grows CBD with the organic process just like Genesis collection, ensure to explore CBD Genesis collection to assure the compliant levels of THC.
- CBD Oil: CBD oil can be added to drinks and food or placed under the tongue. Such a delivery method usually takes 30-90 minutes to show its effects; however, the results are last longer than smoking and vaping CBD.
- Edibles: CBD edibles show their effects within 30 minutes to 2 hours, and generally, they might last up to 12 hours. This is because oral CBD holds around a 5% absorption rate, and you can attain the desired result if you consume it with a meal.
- Topicals: Nowadays, most individuals prefer CBD Topicals since it helps alleviate pain and inflammation. Such a delivery method allows our skin to absorb the product and not the entire body.
- Understand the Types of CBD
- Before investing in CBD products, ensure to understand the right blend of CBD and other cannabis-based chemicals. Following are the three formulas of CBD:
- CBD isolate: It is deemed as the purest form of CBD. Plus, it doesn’t hold any additional cannabinoids or terpenes or any THC- the psychoactive component of cannabis.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: It includes all of the chemicals in the cannabis plant but typically no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Full-spectrum CBD includes other compounds from the cannabis plant, such as terpenes and cannabinoids. Besides this, they hold up to 0.3% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) limited amounts of THC.
One review indicated the benefits of full-spectrum and Broad-spectrum CBD as experts believe it will be more prominent when the various compounds that cannabis plants hold are presented. This is what researchers call the ‘entourage effect.’
When it comes to the CBD isolate, they cannot produce the entourage effect since they are the purest form of CBD and don’t include any other cannabinoids. Moreover, few studies have stated that CBD isolate can be less effective.
How to Find out the Legitimate products?
To determine whether the CBD product is legitimate, ensure to examine the product’s label that helps you get insight into the particular product. However, remember the label holds the following key factors:
- Name along with the address of the manufacturer or distributor
- Production date
- Total Cannabinoid content
- Ingredients (including non-cannabis additives)
- Expiration date
- Net quantity (weight)
- Instructions on how to use the product
- Instructions on how to store the product
- Lot, batch, or control number
- Suggested dosing information
Remember, if the product lacks to incorporate the information mentioned above on the label, then chances are it may not be legitimate.
Lab Testing is Significant
Certificate of Analysis is what you need to look for when buying any CBD product to verify its quality and potency. Speaking of which, third-party laboratories make CoAs that confirm that the CBD products are safe for consumption and properly labeled. Since all the reliable brands ensure to offer batch-specific lab results, that can be effortlessly found on the brand’s website. Besides this, if you receive a product that doesn’t include CoA, it might not be a trustworthy brand.
While investing in CBD products, ensure to verify the purity and safety of the product with the help of third-party lab tests since all the reputable brands tend to provide their Certificate of Analysis on their website. It’s significant to consult with your healthcare provider for the safest consumption of CBD. In addition, it would be an ideal decision to start with the lower doses, or the other way is to create a journal where you can note your CBD consumption and reactions that help you determine the ideal dosage for you.