Pluto TV is a big thing in America. It’s a US-only live stream TV service from ViacomCBS offering more than 250 live channels, which you get without paying anything. Plus, it offers more than one thousand on-demand videos. It can be added to a variety of devices including your smart TV. It’s available on Android TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV.
It’s so great that everyone wants Pluto TV on their smart TV. If you too want to add Pluto TV to your Smart TV, it’s pretty simple. You don’t have to connect with any customer rep like you do when you call the Spectrum customer service phone number to initiate your subscription process. In the case of Pluto TV, no sign-up is required. The process is quite straightforward.
How to Watch PlutoTV
Pluto TV can be viewed in a variety of ways. You can tune in by going to the website and using your browser. It’s also compatible with almost all Android and iOS devices including smart TVs.
All you need is the Pluto TV app. It’s available for download on the Amazon store, Google Playstore, and the App Store. No sign up or registration is required to start using this app. Once you are done downloading it, you can stream however you like.
How to Add Pluto TV to Your Smart TV
Before you get started, there is one prerequisite to follow. Also, check if the application is compatible with a smart TV. Once that’s done, you can now begin adding Pluto to your Smart TV.
Let’s check the steps to add Pluto TV on various smart devices:
The Pluto TV app is available on Samsung Smart TV natively. Follow these steps to launch and stream Pluto TV on your Samsung device:
- Go to your Samsung TV’s home screen
- Launch the app store and look for the Pluto TV app
- Once you have found it, hit the “Add to home” option for installing the app
- Launch the Pluto TV app and start streaming amazing content
Airplay lets you share music, videos, photos, and other media from Apple devices to the Apple TV. Here are the steps to use Airplay for streaming content on Pluto TV:
- Download and install the Pluto TV app on your iDevice
- Make sure your TV is connected to the same wireless network as your iDevice
- Play the content in the Pluto TV app and hit the Airplay icon
- Choose your smart TV and the content will start displaying
If you have any other Android TV, these steps explain how you can download Pluto TV on your device:
- Turn on your Tv
- Launch Google Play on your smart TV and find the Pluto TV app
- Download it on your TV
- When you’re using the app for the first time, you will have to enter a 6-digit activation code which will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Once the app is activated, you’re ready to stream content from Pluto TV on your Android TV
Got Roku? You can use it to add Pluto Tv to your smart TV. Here are the steps to do that:
- Log into your Roku account
- Use the Roku app or your TV remote to visit Roku’s channel store
- Search and find Pluto TV
- Select the app as it comes on the screen
- Download and install it
- Give it a few minutes and you should be able to use Pluto TV on your Roku
Pluto TV vs. Other Streaming Platforms
Every streaming platform has its own library of unique content but if you are into free stuff, it’s not a bad idea to add Pluto TV to your collection of streaming services. Since streaming services are gradually increasing the subscription fee, it’s worth ditching them and choosing Pluto TV.
You will have loads of fun exploring and watching underrated movies and shows. One thing that’s a bummer about this service is that it doesn’t have anything fancy like branded content or blockbuster movies. However, don’t underestimate it. there’s every chance you will stumble upon quality content. Another annoying thing about this platform is it isn’t ad-free.
What Can You Watch on Pluto TV?
The on-demand TV shows on this service are nearly the same as what’s offered on Pluto’s channels. The names include Party of Five, MacGyver, Becker, Deal or No Deal, The Nanny, Melrose Place, and several others.
Movies from major studios are available too. Super 8, Snowpiercer, Minority Report are some of the B-Movies available to stream. Western, romance, comedy, action, thriller, horror, drama, and even documentaries are available.
Overall, Pluto TV is a good-to-have service especially if it’s free. You will definitely have to sit through ads, but hey, if you’re getting original content that’s worth your time, ads are negligible, right!