PrestaShop is out-of-the-box mobile friendly, comes with assist for over 60 languages, expert grade eCommerce templates and modules that make it a enormously flexible platform for the development of large-scale stores. However, some modules and templates are paid, so users will need to spend an extra sum to enhance the store’s look and functionality.
PrestaShop’s extensibility revolves round modules, that are small programs that employ PrestaShop’s functionalities and modifications them or upload to them if you want to make PrestaShop easier to apply or greater tailor-made to the merchant’s wishes.
Technical principles of Prestashop module
PrestaShop module installed on an online shop, can engage with one or greater hooks. Hooks permit you to hook or connect your code to the current View on the time of the code parsing. Specifically, a hook is a shortcut to the diverse techniques to be had from the Module object, as assigned to that hook.
Modules’ operating principles.
Modules are the precise manner to permit your expertise and creativeness as a developer specific themselves, because the innovative opportunities are many and you could do quite an awful lot whatever with PrestaShop’s module API.
- Extend or modify present PrestaShop functions, like including a area in a form, a block of text, or an impartial issue with out enhancing PrestaShop’s files. This permits traders to replace their stores with out requiring to use your modifications again.
- Add new fully independent features
- Perform a task
- Facilitate interactions among the store and outside services.
- Be made as configurable as vital.
Installing and uninstalling the module.
The module have to handle:
- Its personal set up, and the set up of 1 or greater carriers.
- Its personal uninstallation, and the deletion of 1 or greater of its carriers.
Note about deletion:
- Deleting a provider honestly approach its deactivation
- The module have to preserve the hyperlink among an antique order and a provider that isn’t always to be had anymore.
- Careful the default provider have to exist and be enabled.
Creating tests is an crucial a part of a module life. They permit us to spend much less time on reviews, save you redundant tests that might be neglected with the aid of using a human, and on the equal time enhance the general nice of the code. In PrestaShop, they plan to cowl their modules functions with a package deal of unit and useful tests. They assist you to selected what frameworks fits you the best, however they offer a few equipment that you could reuse to your projects.
If you need to get started fast with a ready-to-use module template, you could use PrestaShop Validator’s Module Generator. It gives an clean manner to generate a module, inclusive of the fundamental structure, custom designed default properties, and maximum common use instances covered. Skeletons were created that will help you create unique modules.