Where are Skechers made?
Skechers is a shoe company based out of Manhattan Beach, California. Skechers was founded in 1992 and is currently owned by The Greenberg Family. In addition to shoes, Skechers manufactures apparel, accessories, and equipment. Skechers is known for its comfortable and stylish footwear and sneakers. Most people know Skechers for their low-profile running shoes, but they have expanded their product line to include basketball, hiking shoes, tennis, and training shoes. As of 2021, Skechers’ annual revenues were $6.285 billion USD. Their products are sold at a variety of retailers including department stores, athletic and specialty stores, online retail sites, and discount chains.
Where are they made?
The majority of Skechers are produced in China, but Skechers does manufacture some products in other parts of the world. The following list shows where Skechers makes its products:
- Skechers Shoes – Made in China and Vietnam.
- Running Shoes – Made in China.
- Basketball Shoes – Made in China and Vietnam.
- Training Shoes – Made in China.
- Apparel – Made in China.
- Accessories – Made in China.
How Can I Tell If My Skechers Are Fake?
Look at the soles
The soles should have a smooth finish without any abrasions or scuffs. Also, they should be soft to the touch.
Check the stitching
Are the seams sewn neatly? Do they look straight and even?
Make sure they’re not broken in half
Fake sneakers often have holes where the rubber meets the canvas, causing them to break apart. So if yours don’t look like that, then you know they’re real!
Check out their sizing
Sneakers that fit the right way should have all sizes correctly labeled. Fake shoes are usually off by a couple of millimeters.
Pay attention to the material
Is the shoe made from leather or synthetic materials? Real sneaker bottoms are made from genuine leather. Synthetic materials are cheaper than leather, but they are inferior to leather.
How Can I Find Where My Sketchers Are Made?
Look at the bottom of your shoe. You’re looking for the label. If you don’t find the label, check inside the shoe. There may be a sticker on the inside of the shoe that tells where they were made. One of the best places to find where a shoe was made is to look on the outside of the box they came in. It is required by law in the US to have the country of origin label on any product entering the country
How to clean your Skechers?
You might not think about it, but your sneakers have probably been sitting around inside your closet for quite some time now. While they may seem clean, sometimes you just want to give them a good cleaning before wearing them again. Here’s how you do it!
1. Soak your shoes in warm water for at least 30 minutes.
2. If possible, remove any laces first.
3. Use a soft brush to scrub the dirt away from the soles of the shoe.
4. Remove the excess water by placing your wet socks/shoes on top of a towel; then roll the towel to squeeze out the extra moisture.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until your shoes are completely dry.
6. Let your shoes air dry for 24 hours before putting them back on.
To get rid of odor, use baking soda mixed with water. Pour 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl. Add enough water to make a paste consistency. Apply to shoes immediately after washing. Allow sitting overnight before removing.
If you’re looking for a way to freshen up your closet, try using a fabric conditioner spray (like our favorite laundry detergent). Spray onto clothes, hang to dry, and repeat if necessary.
How to store your Skechers?
- To keep your shoes looking new, brush them off regularly. Avoid wearing them when they’re wet; moisture can cause dirt to stick to the soles.
- Don’t wear your sneakers out. If you do, you may damage the soles. You should give your shoes a thorough cleaning once a month, just after you take them off (to preserve odors).
- When they start feeling worn out, consider buying new ones. Just make sure to get a quality shoe before throwing away your old pair.
Skechers is a company that outsources its shoe production to China and Vietnam. Their shoes are very comfortable and worth the purchase. If you are looking for a great tennis shoe or hiking shoe, give Skechers a try.
Also Read: graco modes 3 lite platinum travel system